Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mornings

Every morning now, I lie in bed and feel for you. I have my hands on my belly where your temporary home is growing a little bit bigger each day. Every so often, I can feel your tiny bumps and wiggles. You're still so little that I have to pay attention to feel you moving. Pretty soon you'll be bigger and everyone will be able to feel your movements through my belly. Until then, the evidence of your presence is only for you and I to share. It's like our little secret.

I talk to you all the time. Mostly in my head, but out loud too now that you have ears and can hear with them. I often wonder about the sounds you hear while you are swimming around inside. Can you hear your brother and sister talking? Will you know their voices when you are born? I tell you about your family, and the people that will be a part of your life.

You are a tiny little person, but already deeply loved and greatly anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment